Jacksonville Country Day School welcomes parent and grandparent volunteers whose contributions make many events possible throughout the year.
The Parents Association needs volunteers for the following events:
- School Pictures: September 11 & 12 / October 17, 2018
- Fall Family Round-Up: October 5, 2018
- Vision Screening: November 6, 2018
- Book Fair: March 7 & 8, 2019
- Celebrate JCDS! (JCDS Gala): March 30, 2019
- Field Day: April 18 &19, 2019
- Spring Fling: May 10, 2019
- Uniform Re-sale: May 16 & 17, 2019
Year-round Volunteer Opportunities
• Homeroom Parents - Assist in your child’s classroom, organizing volunteers and help with teacher needs in the classroom throughout the year.
• Library - Shelve library books, help with the book exchange, and assist with any activities and projects the library staff may need.
• Yearbook - Assist with photos and content for the yearbook.
• Parent Ambassador - Contact and welcome new families to JCDS, help with planning and managing of new family events held at JCDS.
• Athletics – Our after-school athletics program is designed to introduce students to a wide variety of sports while they also gain skills for life in sportsmanship, leadership, and character development. As our athletics program grows, so does our need for volunteers.
• Art – Classroom volunteering in art class is an opportunity for providing assistance with the sorting, mounting, and hanging of art for displays. This would include the exhibits at the JAA, the Young Artist Forum (the school-wide show), the Art Shark shows (the after school program), and around the JCDS campus. No artistic skills are required.