Jacksonville Country Day School welcomes parent and grandparent volunteers whose contributions make many events possible throughout the year.
The Parents Association needs volunteers for the following events:
• Back to School Carnival - Volunteers needed for committee work, assisting with decorations, set up/clean up, sign-in, and help manage activities. Event date: October 6, 2017
• Gala & Auction - Assist with decorations, event planning, tuition raffle, silent auction and communications. Event date: April 7, 2018
• Spring Fling- Assist with decorations, set-up/clean up, sign-in, help manage activities. Event date: May 4, 2018
• Teacher/Staff Appreciation - Assist with the organization of events for teacher/staff appreciation. Event date: TBD
• Book Fair - Assist with set-up, decorations, and communications. Event date: March 1-2, 2018
• Uniform Re-sale - Check-in uniforms, assist with sale organization, and sales. Event date: May 18, 2018
Year-round Volunteer Opportunities
• Homeroom Parents - Assist in your child’s classroom, organizing volunteers and help with teacher n
eeds in the classroom throughout the year.
• Library - Shelve library books, help with the book exchange, and assist with any activities and projects the library staff may need.
• Yearbook - Assist with photos and content for the yearbook.
• Parent Ambassador - Contact and welcome new families to JCDS, help with planning and managing of new family events held at JCDS.
• Lunchroom – Assist in serving lunch to students and in keeping the lunchroom tidy.
• Art – Classroom volunteering in art class is an opportunity for providing assistance with the sorting, mounting, and hanging of art for displays. This would include the exhibits at the JAA, the Young Artist Forum (the school-wide show), the Art Shark shows (the after school program), and around the JCDS campus. No artistic skills are required.