Jacksonville Country Day School provides the highest quality educational experience through:
- A highly effective faculty and staff who teach children to think and care about their world.
- Character education that reinforces values taught at home. The program emphasizes empathy and kindness. Service learning is a key part of the program, and all faculty and staff members model the values they teach.
- A nurturing environment where students feel at home, safe, and emotionally secure as they learn.
- A challenging and innovative curriculum so that students become self-directed learners and independent, critical thinkers. Students develop teamwork and problem-solving skills, and enhance their creativity, through project-based learning.
- The development of social and emotional skills.
- A diverse community where children learn to interact and value those from other cultures so they are better prepared for their future schools and workplaces.
- A focus on living healthy, which is reinforced through daily physical education and recess, supports optimal classroom learning as exercise and nutrition are proven to improve brain function.
- Developmentally appropriate practices that lead to a self-directed and engaged child who is taught at the right level for her or his age and ability.
- A school culture of continual learning through professional development leads to an enthusiastic faculty who follow best practices and stay current with the latest research.
- Whole child education lets children develop their full range of talents while building confidence. All students participate in art, Spanish, technology, library, science lab, and music classes about once a week.
- A safe campus and state-of-the-art facilities that are centered around giving children an ideal environment for learning and growing.
- Differentiated learning to ensure that instruction and program are tailored to the learning needs of individual students.
- A full slate of after-school enrichment programs including dance, band, swimming, art, sports, and more!
Please contact Lori Hall, Admissions Coordinator (904-641-6644 ext. 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org
), to learn more about our school and to schedule a tour.