For many families, an independent school education is a significant investment that requires careful financial planning.
- JCDS partners with School and Student Services by the National Association of Independent Schools (SSS by NAIS) in our financial assistance process. SSS completes the initial review of all financial documents received and ensures consistency and equitability in the review of all applications.
- The Admissions Office and Financial Assistance Committee make decisions regarding admissions and financial need independently.
- JCDS understands the importance of keeping all financial information strictly confidential.
- All financial assistance awards are strictly need-based.
- Awards are given on a per year basis. Every family must re-apply for financial assistance each year.
- The amount of an award varies and is dependent on the financial need of the individual family. JCDS financial assistance awards are offered to cover a percentage of tuition only.
Steps to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS):
- Go to: https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal. Our school code number is 4156.
- Create a new online account or if you are a returning applicant, you may log in using your email and password already set up.
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). You may log out any time and return later to complete it. Upload the required documents through the SSS portal. Note: If you plan to file an extension, please include this information on your Parents' Financial Statement.
- 2016 signed tax return with all W2s or equivalent.
- 2017 signed tax return with all W2s or equivalent.
In the event your 2017 tax return is not available by the deadline, it must be submitted on or before April 15, 2018, however, all W2s or equivalent must be received by the February 28, 2018 deadline. Any award granted will remain contingent upon receipt and review of your 2017 tax return. If this document is not received by this date, JCDS has the right to withdraw the total award.
Please note there is a $49 nonrefundable fee per family to apply. All siblings can be included on one form, for one fee.
All award decisions will be mailed by March 15, 2018.
For questions about Financial Assistance at JCDS please contact Lori Merrill at email@example.com