· Work with Advancement colleagues to monitor and manage online communities.
● Social Media Management
· Curate and edit appropriate content to share across existing social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn) to increase engagement and reach.
· Identify emerging areas of interest among parents, prospective parents, and alumni (e.g. new technologies, trends) and develop tactics for connecting them back to JCDS.
· Manage the editorial calendar for social media channels.
· Monitor social content (tweets, videos, blog posts, etc.) to identify potential story ideas, trends, sentiment, and evolving hot button issues, etc.
· Work closely to educate social media practitioners within the JCDS community about best practices and strategies.
· Serve as the primary contact for the school’s social media accounts.
● Analytics and Research:
· Work with the Director of Advancement and outside resources to set key performance indicators for web content; use metrics to evaluate effectiveness in meeting our goals; make adjustments as needed to continually improve performance.
· Monitor and evaluate social media activity, providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the school’s senior leadership and administrative team.
· Advise colleagues at JCDS on the types of posts that engage audiences, promote sharing, and drive traffic to related sections of the JCDS website.
● Community Outreach
· Prepare and send the weekly JCDS announcements and email targeting all constituents.
· Monitor and update the announcements with new messages as they are submitted.
· Work with the Director of Advancement and other faculty and staff as needed to develop, coordinate, and distribute time-sensitive communications to JCDS internal audiences, i.e., faculty, staff, as well as external audiences.
· Prepare and send emails on behalf of senior staff as needed.
● Communicate effectively with all school stakeholders
● Support the school and its mission
● Perform other dues as assigned by and in support of the Head of School